ATTENTION ALL BRITISH AMERICAN POLICYHOLDERS!
Please read this notice and the one regarding missing contact information and take action accordingly to ensure the correct policy information is transferred to SAGICOR.
Please note the deadline for amendments is MARCH 31ST 2017
BRITISH AMERICAN INSURANCE (BARBADOS) LIMITED
POLICYHOLDER INFORMATION VERIFICATION
KPMG Transactions and Restructuring Limited, the Judicial Manager (the “JM”) of British American Insurance Company (Barbados) Limited (“BAICO”) wishes to advise that the Final Report which contained the formal recommendations and outlined the details of the proposed treatment of remaining policies of BAICO, has been approved by the High Court of Barbados.
- The Final Report is available on the website http://www.kpmg.com/bb/en/ba.
- The JM has sent correspondence to all policyholders dated January 31, 2017.
- The JM now requests that policyholders review the contents of their letter as their policy will be valued on the information contained within “Appendix 1 —Your Statement”.
- If you believe the information contained within “Your Statement” is correct there is no action to be taken at this time. You will receive further information from the JM shortly after the Bar Date on March 31, 2017 regarding the Solution.
- However, if you believe any of the information in “Your Statement” is incorrect you must notify BAICO of any amendments before March 31, 2017.
NO AMENDMENTS TO POLICY INFORMATION WILL BE MADE AFTER MARCH 31, 2017.
Due to the vast number of policyholders, the JM has ensured additional persons are available at BAICO to answer your queries. For this process, policyholders will be grouped according to policy type and are requested to visit the BAICO office located at the Corner of Collymore Rock and Britton’s Cross Road at the specific dates listed below.
The groupings will be based on the colour of the “Appendix A —Your Statement” contained within your letter. The specific dates are as follows:
- Pink – February 6, 7, 9 – 10, 2017
- Blue – February 8, 2017
- Green – February 13 -17, 2017
FROM FEBRUARY 20, 2017 POLICYHOLDERS WILL STILL BE ABLE TO VISIT THE BAICO OFFICE BY SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE.
If visiting the BAICO office, policyholders should bring supporting policy documentation. Policyholders are reminded that this is an information verification exercise and no payment will be made at this stage in regards to any policy.
Policyholders are also urged to call the BAICO office at (246) 431-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any queries.